HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Creighton's Nursery Tour

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I thought I would have this posted a long time ago...turns out I'm not very quick at getting anything done anymore. There's this sweet little boy who I would much rather spend my time with than sitting in front of the computer screen...so this has taken a back burner. But I still want to try to get some posts up every once in a while! I know I will like looking back on them! Is it weird to go backwards and post updates from the past few months?

Anyway....wanted to show you a quick little tour of Creighton's nursery! We bought our first house in April and we are LOVING every minute we have been here! It's just the perfect little home for our family. I was absolutely thrilled that I would have a new space to decorate for our little guy. This is something I have dreamed of doing my whole life. In high school home economics class we had an assignment of making a scrapbook of sorts. We could choose designing our dream wedding or a room or something like that. Most of the rest of the girls in my class chose to design and plan their wedding (probably much more normal choice for a high school girl that what I chose). I chose to design my baby's nursery. So...even when I was in high school I was dreaming of the day I would get to decorate a room for my precious baby. My tastes and style have changed dramatically from when I made that scrapbook, but the reality of this dream coming true truly meant the world to me.

Despite the fact that I had waited a long time to be able to decorate a nursery...it took me FOREVER to decide how I wanted it. It was maybe a week before he was born before I finally called it finished. I think I was driving everyone crazy because when they would ask what the nursery was going to look like, I couldn't ever give them an answer. I'm so incredibly pleased with the way it turned out though. By far, my most favorite room in the house.

Come along and take a look at Creighton's little room...a perfect space for our beautiful beach baby.

Sources for those interested...

Crib: Wayfair - Fisher Price Riley Island Crib
Chair: Ikea
Rug: Ikea
Dresser: Antique piece from my Grandma
Garden Stool side table: Home Goods
Shelves: Ikea
Art Pieces: Made by Eli and I
Book Baskets: Hobby Lobby
Mobile: Made by me
Curtains: Ikea
Sheets: All made by my mom 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your adorable blue plaid blanket?

Unknown said...

It's actually a quilt that my mom made for me. Isn't it amazing?!

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job! Love it! Do you happen to know the wall color?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Do you have a tutorial on how you made the sign above the crib?! I love it!

jessican said...

What rug is that from ikea? Does it shed? I love it!!!

Unknown said...

The rug is http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50277393/. It doesn't shed at all! I love it! It's definitely not the softest rug ever, but I still love it!

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design