HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

KC Trip {Summer 2013}

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The kids and I took a little trip to KC for our first fun getaway of the summer. While we were there we went to a Royals game and to the Kansas City Zoo. I had such a great time...and I think they did too. We are all so excited that it's summer. It's so fun for me to be able to take them places whenever I feel like it. I definitely enjoy not having to follow any sort of schedule during the summer....it's perfect.
It looked like it was going to rain the whole time we were at the game. Thankfully, it held out until about 30 minutes before the game was over. Then kids and I were over at the kids area when it started raining though, so they definitely were soaked. It also didn't help that they played in the little splash park while it was raining. :) They had a great time though. 
We picked a gorgeous day for the zoo the next day. This was our first time at the KC zoo. Jessica came along with us and it was so good to have her there. Always nice to have another set of hands and another adult with me! Our favorite of the day was by far the polar bears. I couldn't believe how big they are! 
Jess and I kept laughing cause Charly was so interested in all the animals and then Cole would find anything else in the zoo to keep him entertained. Sticks, water, trees, climbing fences...those things were WAY more exciting to him than the animals. And of course the train we saw was the highlight for him. 
Don't let Cole fool you in this next one. He's definitely not looking at the elephant. He's shaking that tree back and forth. :)
We must have worn them out at the zoo though because they were OUT within 5 minutes of pulling out of the parking lot. 
This was such a fun trip to start off our summer! Excited to see what the rest of the summer holds for us! I'm sure we will find several other little trips to make! 

No comments:

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design