HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

Christmas Tree Trimmings Art

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

This year for Christmas I was set on getting my hands on some fresh tree trimmings to use around the house as decorations. I ended up going to Home Depot and getting some of their trimmings for free...score! I told the lady there that I only needed a small amount to use around my house...but I ended up coming home with a huge bundle of it! As I was cutting it all apart to use, I came up with the idea to use some smaller pieces for an art project for the kids. The idea was for them to create a little Christmas tree of their own using the trimmings. This ended up being one of those ideas that totally turned out just as cute when it was done as it was in my mind when I came up with the idea...which doesn't always happen! 
This project is so easy and makes an adorable decoration. I just cut my cardstock into an 8x10 size beforehand so that I could pop each one of them into frames.  You need just a few things to make this art project happen: white (or any other colored) cardstock, hot glue gun, fresh tree trimmings, and a star of your choice. 
Start with gluing down a stem, and then just add the trimmings as desired to make your tree...gluing as you go. So easy! 

No comments:

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design