Here are a few before photos of his room. Needless to say it was in desperate need of a little love! Also...if you ever think you want to paint a room in your house bright orange...I suggest you think twice...this took several coats of primer and paint to cover up!
Anyway, this is Cole's room. I wanted his room to have a little bit of the rustic look, but not too over the top. I paired a few rustic, wooden items with the bold, glossy red along with navy blue. I'm not a huge "theme" person when it comes to decorating...so I can't really say that I had a theme in mind when I started this. Although, as it went along, I found myself adding in several arrows throughout his room. I absolutely love the way it turned out, and I think he's pretty thrilled about it too! Ready to take the tour with me?
These lockers. I'm so in love with how they turned out! If they weren't so heavy I would probably steal them and bring them to my house!
Sources:
Bedding -- Overstock.com
Red throw pillow -- Pier 1
Red, rolling nightstand -- made by Eli and I
Chalkboard -- made by Eli and I
Pallet bookshelves -- made by Eli and I
Art above bed -- Made by Eli and I (big metal C from Hobby Lobby)
Red C -- Hobby Lobby
White Frames -- Ikea Ribba Frames
Art and Photo Wires -- Ikea
Lockers -- Old Mill Barn
Lego Table -- Ikea table...we added the lego board to it
Red Locker boxes -- World Market
Floating Desk -- Made by Eli and I
Arrow art above desk -- Made by me
Desk Lamp -- Target
Wooden Crates -- Craigslist
Step Stool -- Ikea
Red Metal Stool -- Target
Coat Rack -- Made by Eli and I
Big, red arrow -- Hobby Lobby
USA Art -- Made by me
Curtains -- White Curtains from Ikea, gray fabric from Hobby Lobby...made by me
Reading Pillows -- Made by me (Fabric from Hobby Lobby)
Framed Prints -- various Etsy shops

































1 comment:
Wow, Very nice. Anybody would love to have a room like that. Such creativity! Nicely done Ashley.
Post a comment (1)